Molly-Mae Hague shares video of huge queues at Manchester Airport as she jets off again

Former Love Island star Molly-Mae Hague has spoken out over 3am Manchester Airport queues as she jetted off on another trip. The 23-year-old influencer spoke out after arriving at Manchester for a flight in the early hours of Tuesday (June 14).

Molly-Mae, the creative director for Manchester-based global fashion brand PrettyLittleThing, joked the scenes were “immaculate” as she panned her camera around for a video clip shared on her Instagram Stories. She showed that the time was 3.27am.

It came after weeks of chaos with huge queues, missing luggage, holiday cancellations and delays. About an hour later Molly Mae, who shot to fame on the hit ITV2 dating show Love Island in 2019 when she met and fell in love with boxer Tommy Fury, showed she was having breakfast with a photo of herself holding a tub of porridge in the airport.

READ MORE: Brooke Vincent looks stunning at her 30th birthday bash as she’s surprised by Ryan Thomas

And at 6.13am she showed that she was settled in for her journey as she posted a video clip of herself watching a film on her laptop alongside a plane emoji at 6.13am. “Set up,” she told her 6.4million followers.

Molly-Mae recently returned from a holiday in Dubai with Tommy to celebrate her birthday. And earlier in May the couple from Manchester jetted off to Los Angeles for Tommy’s 23rd after he won his bout with Daniel Bocianski at Wembley Stadium on the undercard for his heavyweight champion brother Tyson.

Molly-Mae Hague shared video of huge queues at Manchester Airport

“A travel month” said Molly-Mae as they flew to Dubai from Manchester. To see in the new year, Tommy had also whisked his girlfriend away on a romantic trip to New York.

In April the chief executive of Manchester Airports Group wrote an open apology to passengers, warning that peak-time queues of up to 90 minutes are likely to continue until the summer in a frank admission that there is no short-term fix for the staffing crisis. Charlie Cornish said passengers should continue to turn up to the airport three hours early, while their short-term inability to staff all security lanes will mean longer queues over the ‘next few months’, with some passengers expected to wait ‘between 60 and 90 minutes’ at peaks times as the hub recovers from the ravages of the pandemic.

“I cannot apologise enough for the disruption people have faced,” he wrote in a letter published on Manchester Airport’s website. “The simple fact is that we don’t currently have the number of staff we need to provide the level of service that our passengers deserve.”

He added: “I also want to be clear that a huge amount of work is going into improving the situation in the short-term. Our focus for the next four weeks is on delivering a more predictable and reliable level of service for passengers.”

The astonishing statement from chief executive came amid a staffing shortage which led to unprecedented intervention from major shareholder Manchester City Council and Mayor Andy Burnham and coincided with the resignation of the hub’s managing director. Mr Cornish promised to deploy more staff to help manage queues, with real time information to be published online and in terminals but asks that passengers arrive three hours early to allow enough time to check-in, get through security and reach the departure gate.